SUSE is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer Manager to join our engineering team. We build open-source software that addresses the operational and security challenges of managing cloud-native platforms like Kubernetes while providing DevOps teams with integrated tools for running containerized workloads. Our flagship product SUSE Rancher has over 100 million downloads to date and is managing mission-critical services at Fortune 500 companies and many other organizations large and small around the world.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about leading a team of talented engineers to enhance SUSE Rancher for all users. They can adapt to change quickly and are excited to make a big impact at a rapidly growing group within SUSE.
In this role, you will lead a team of talented and motivated engineers that can excel and behave in a startup-like environment. Your team will do what is necessary to plan, design, implement and deliver the features and products of the highest quality.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements, and updates.
- Collaborate closely with PM and Support to support leading technologies for SUSE Rancher.
- Organize engineering resources, define, and drive engineering schedules for high-quality product delivery.
- Be the technical lead for feature designs and be willing to debug issues with your team.
- Work with customers and our world-class support team to help troubleshoot and solve customer issues related to Kubernetes, container runtime.
- Attract, develop, mentor, and provide growth guidance to engineers on your team.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on-premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 4-year equivalent
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in building and delivering enterprise or open-source software
- Proven track record as a strong and effective engineering manager with 3+ years of leading and growing successful teams
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team building, and conflict resolution.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation).
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, and other container runtime technologies
- Knowledge of Linux