SAP Solution Architect - Cloud Operations
At SUSE - SAP Technology Solutions, our mission is to simplify and modernize the operation of SAP systems. Join the SAP Solutions Emerging Technologies team in delivering the next generation of clustering, deployment, monitoring and operation tools, specifically tailored for very complex and mission-critical workloads like SAP HANA databases and S4/HANA ERP applications.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, driven and smart SAP Solutions architect, who takes pride in designing complex solutions and has an established track record of SAP implementation projects.
We look for a knowledgeable, experienced and empathetic thought leader, who can bring guidance and support to their peers in both the development of new SAP solutions (like Trento project trento-project.io) and the maintenance of existing ones, striving to find the right balance between pragmatism and attention to details.
We will expect you to be or have:
- In-depth experience of SAP Basis routines (SAP HANA, SAP S/4HANA, SAP Netweaver) on Public Clouds (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- An able technical writer who can effectively drive asynchronous design discussions with RFC-styled documents.
- A confident user of GNU/Linux, shell scripting, Git, and other tools for the job. Fluent with English, both spoken and written.
- German is a plus
We would also greatly appreciate:
- An established track record of successful SAP Applications projects implementation (strong plus here!);
- Experience with large scale operations on cloud infrastructure;
- knowledge on generic software engineering, systems engineering, networking and distributed systems fundamentals;
- Familiar with the CNCF landscape; Knowledge of at least one of the most common programming languages;
- You will be responsible, together with our Project, Product and Engineering Managers, to design new ground-breaking software products, while also improving the existing ones, by bringing a holistic technical SAP Applications perspective that can both spread wide across our range of projects and go deep into the nitty-gritty.
- You will provide guidance to the development team and facilitate design discussions, fostering a collaborative environment while keeping the team focused on the technical details that really matter.
- You will participate in daily video-conference team meetings, collaborate with your peers via real-time chat, GitHub and/or other various tools, ultimately presenting your technical achievements to the relevant stakeholders in iterative time boxes.
Working for an established software company comes with some usual benefits: competitive pay,
established career paths, and all the hardware and software you'll need.
In addition to that, you will join a fully geographically distributed team with a remote-first mindset, championing a healthy work/life balance via flexible working hours and vacation policies.
Open-source is at the heart of SUSE: that means you will spend the majority of your work time on your public track record, contributing to the global FOSS community. Your personal growth will be fostered by conference sponsorships, internal exchange and mentoring programs, hackathons, tech talks and learning courses.
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.