SUSE is a leading provider of enterprise Linux solutions that enable organizations to deliver computing services across physical, virtual and cloud environments. In this role, the Partner Executive will manage, grow, and support SUSE’s relationship with key IHV/ISV Partners to drive revenue for SUSE solutions and strengthen the relationships.
In this role, you will recruit, enable and manage key IHV/ISV Partners to promote and resell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server software and other SUSE software offerings to end-users.
To be successful in this role, you will be familiar with IHV/ISV partner ecosystem (e.g., Dell, HP, IBM etc.) and look for areas to actively drive additional revenue opportunities. You will be technically competent in SUSE offerings to both identify and assist in the closure of SUSE sales opportunities with the partner. You will work closely with the SUSE sales teams to identify and drive sales opportunities with these key partners.
Success will be measured both by engagement with the IHV/ISV partner and by the actual revenues that you and your partners generate for the SUSE business. You will be the direct conduit from the organization to the partners and vice versa.
You will have a specific LATAM revenue target with growth expectations. You will be assisted by a team of Technical/Sales Resources to execute LATAM sales goals.
- Recruit and enable new IHV channel partners.
- Engage with new and existing partner teams to identify and drive sales opportunities
- Develop and execute written partner business plans including specific revenue targets to drive sales growth
- Responsible for partner sales and revenue growth targets
- Responsible for driving internal resources to assist partner execution of sales opportunities
- Develop marketing programs with partners that drive awareness and pipeline
- Develop and execute incentive programs that drive partner sales
This position is virtual home office-based and will require 25-50% travel.
- 5+ years Partner Sales experience with software companies
- Proven success delivering sales results in a quota-driven IHV/ISV environment
- Experience in technical sales-driven partner relationships, preferably with software vendors
- Deep knowledge of the technology marketplace, ideally with open-source products
- Knowledge of key software channel partners and corporate structure/existing relationships
- Ability to build a strong network, both within SUSE and channels
- Experience in account management and sales execution with a history of delivering consistently against your revenue targets
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship skills, especially in partnering situations
- Proven track record in business development
- Software End User sales a plus/open-source Linux sales a plus
- Experience working for a hardware vendor a plus