Syniverse is the world’s most connected company—we pioneer innovations that take businesses further. Our secure, global network reaches billions of people and devices. Our engagement platform powers the customized experiences of the future. And the millions of secure transactions we drive every minute are revolutionizing how goods and services are exchanged. We have always led companies to reimagine the boundaries of possibility. Today we’re delivering on opportunities with the power to change the world.
The Principal DevOps Engineer will lead and provide hands on technical support to mature, multiple CI-CD processes across the enterprise through continuous innovation and process improvements.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive technical innovation to improve CI-CD efficiency and transparency across the enterprise, helping to foster a culture of CI-CD
• Provide subject matter expertise in CI-CD processes, determining methods and procedures
• Plan the implementation of infrastructure as code for Cloud and VMWare platforms
• Deliver expert level Ansible automation and collaborate with others in developing solutions that conform to Ansible best practices
• Continuous improvement in system visibility and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics
• Deliver monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks
• Aid Operations teams in addressing challenges due to lack of modern DevOps practices, help to recommend DevOps solutions in line with the customer’s goals
• Work with various source control systems, like Subversion and Git, Jenkins integration platform and Jira ticket management technologies, including their integration to existing processes/pipelines
• Identification of root causes on critical problems throughout the platform, incident reports and the organization of the engineering team members in steps to resolve issues
• Communication across third party services to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the rest of the team
• Providing design leadership in large and complex development projects involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications
• BS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered
• Proficiency with scripting languages (Python, Ansible)
• 8+ years of professional experience in a Linux environment as an Engineer or Architect
• Demonstrated knowledge in cloud computing, enterprise and open source technologies
• Strong experience in an operations or application development environment using scripting or advances programming skills
• Experience designing and building integrated environments using Jenkins, Ansible, and Jira
• Software Configuration Management (SCM) experience with Ansible that includes the development of environment agnostic playbooks from development through production within a Continuous Delivery model
• Monitoring solution development and implementation experience
• Experience building and deploying services using VMWare technology is desired
• Logging experience – (Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana) ELK Stack
• Containers experience– How to build, up-sides, down-sides, how to deploy (how they fit into development cycles as build artifacts)
• Cloud Experience – Experience performing cloud operations tasks, such as increasing volume sizes, or upgrading deployments, with little to no down time. General cloud ops knowledge with at least one provider, private or public, such as lifecycle, auto scaling, cloud-config, security, instance lifecycle, business continuity etc.
• Experience with log aggregator tools like Splunk and Graylog.
• Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus and Grafana
• Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE) desired