This role has the overall responsibility for assessing requirements and defining the strategy to implement those requirements in order to produce a best in class architecture solution across product offering. A successful candidate will have experience in IT leadership positions across the project lifecycle (analysis, design, development, test, implementation) and across the different technology layers (presentation, business logic, persistence). In this role you have the opportunity to evolve long-term architectures to ensure conformance with Enterprise Architecture goals and strategy.
Project Architecture Support & Collaboration
• Translate business needs and requirements into conceptual architectures
• Collaborate with Architects and key stakeholders (users, project owners, etc.) to create cohesive enterprise architecture view that decreases time to market, increases quality and reliability and reuses existing assets to reduce overall costs.
• Assist in requirements gathering sessions to identify reuse & optimization opportunities and assist in solution design.
• Provide technical advice and mentoring, as needed, including design alternatives that solve complex business problems.
• Partner with Project Managers to help plan estimates/timelines of projects, to ensure development teams have sufficient requirements to create efficient and accurate designs and meet deliverable dates.
• Support New Business initiatives, as needed, to keep abreast of changing business requirements
• Review & validate conformance of deliveries according to standards, identify deviations, recommend viable solutions
Establishing Architecture Framework
• Support the development and execution of a communication (including education) plan for the IT architecture
• Define architectures & principles to implement corporate strategy & business continuity goals
• Partner with development technology leaders to realize architectural design goals.
• Conduct user and product research to understand target user needs & analyze technology fit potential.
• Assist in high-level design efforts to ensure conformance to architectural standards, as well as to assist cross-team consensus building on solutions.
• Work with Product Managers to help socialize technical design directions, limitations and explore possibilities in order to create more effective systems and deliver value faster, more consistently, and with higher quality.
• Communicate with vendors, partners, solution providers to analyze their offering & how it fits the company needs. Technically advise & collaborate with external consultants.
• Perform proof of concepts on architecture standards and implement prototype / pilot solutions
• Deliver architectural framework elements to realize synergies by defining reusable patterns and good practices for the company
• Bachelors degree in a related field, such as information design, information architecture, information technology, etc.
• 8+ years using architecture design applications such as data / information modeling, business logic / workflows, test / Cloud native applications (AWS preferred) / troubleshooting, etc.
• Experience as a technical lead for development team
• Experience designing and implementing JAVA, Kafka or NoSQL based applications.
• Experience working with Micro services architectures.
• Experience working containerization using dockers/ Kubernetes
• Experience debugging and troubleshooting complex applications.
• Experience with enterprise architecture solutions (i.e. user interface & collaboration, corporate data management, service orchestration, integration, middleware, business processes).
• Good working knowledge of various standard technologies (XML, J2EE, SQL, SOA, etc. ) & related tools.
• Broad knowledge about the current technology marketplace and understanding of how to analyze & adopt new IT solutions.
• Experience with ArchiMate, ITIL, TOGAF & TM Forum Frameworx desired
• Team player with ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, goal driven