In the Product Experience team, our purpose is to help our customers to make lasting purchases. We strive to ensure a delightful unboxing experience; one where the products in the parcel live up to the customer's expectations. We make this happen by redefining how we present our products to customers online. We build customer facing features on the product detail page to help over 40 million customers find products they love, and buy products they keep, ultimately helping customers to make lasting purchases.
As an Android Engineer in the Apps Product Experience team, you will help us deliver on our purpose on the app. You will be at the forefront of how we define, own & build engaging user experiences for millions of our customers. You will be part of a diverse team which enjoys collaboration and strives to deliver customer impact at scale.
- You are an experienced Android developer (3+ years) who is eager to work with new technologies and always tries to challenge yourself and deliver high quality code
- You have a deep understanding of Android SDK, Kotlin, and Java.
- Good and effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- You take the ownership for your work – from understanding the requirements, to implementation, testing, and maintenance
- You are familiar with RxJava and/or functional programming concepts.
- You are passionate about writing well structured, readable, and maintainable code that’s covered by automated tests.
- You have several years of experience working in high performance teams and can independently drive technical discussions and facilitate complex decision making.