Session: What the recent downturn in global venture capital deal volume and valuations means for founders
After a red-hot 2021, global venture capital deal volume and valuations have taken a downward spiral in 2022. What does the correction mean for founders?
- Lowered valuations (2-7x multiple, industry dependent)
- Higher revenue expectations (VCs are looking for more MRR)
- Metrics have halved ($2M raise, $12M valuation)
- What the recent downturn in global venture capital deal volume and valuations means for founders
- How minority and women-led startups can gain investor attention
In her role as Partner, Diana manages the entire investment process and team across XRC's family of funds. Prior, Diana was an investor at WISE Ventures. She built and scaled two companies in retail and consumer tech, including XRC Ventures Cohort 1 company QUINN, leading major partnerships with the Hudson’s Bay Company, Neiman Marcus, MasterCard and Hearst Media. Prior, she spent a decade investing and consulting across the retail, consumer and healthcare sectors for $12B+ funds in CA and NY. Additionally, she helped found FirstGeneration.vc which is an initiative aimed at helping first generation founders successfully scale their pre-Series A startup companies.