Session: From stealth to acquisition: Lessons I learned as a female founder of nine successful tech startups
Soni has built nine successful billion+ dollar product lines in her three decades in the tech industry, including Pensando Systems, which was acquired by AMD for nearly 2 billion dollars in 2022. Throughout her journey as a female entrepreneur in technology, Soni has gathered invaluable experience on how to scale a startup and strategically take it from stealth to acquisition. During her talk, Soni will share her knowledge based on relevant experiences and examples drawn from a long and illustrious career. She will speak to:
-The importance of strategic partnerships between enterprises and startups and the power of customers.
-Why being an industry disruptor is the ultimate key to success, no matter what your exit strategy is
-What to look for when being acquired to ensure your business expands and thrives under new ownership
- Where to focus your efforts before, during and after you launch a startup
- The power of customers when growing your tech business
- How to successfully “disrupt” in your market and why times of market transition are valuable for addressing technology needs
- After your business is successful, what to look for during the acquisition phase
- The strength you bring to the table as a women in tech entrepreneurship
Soni Jiandani is Corporate Vice President of the AMD Networking Solutions Group, where she has responsibility for all business and customer-related activities including Partnerships, Worldwide Sales, and Marketing, Product Management, and Support. Prior to AMD, Soni was the Chief Business Officer and Co-founder of Pensando Systems. The company was acquired by AMD in June 2022 for $1.9B and now operates as part of the AMD Data Center Solutions Group. As a serial entrepreneur, Soni has driven multiple multi-billion-dollar technology transitions through successful startups she has co-founded as part of Silicon Valley’s legendary MPLS team.