Session: A letter to your younger self
Are you an engineer leading teams or aspiring to become one in the near future? Then this session is for you! Join me as I’ll be sharing first hand experiences and practical tips to inspire and help you become your best version as a (future) leader. No paths to leadership are identical, yet there are patterns which enable you to hit the ground running. We will discuss how to:
- Identify and grab opportunities when they arise - or create them!
- Use our mistakes as opportunities to learn and evolve
- Respond to change, even from the passenger’s seat
- Self-reflect and adapt quickly to diverse situations
- Take the journey of continuous learning and enjoy it
- “Strong” leadership isn’t about having the loudest voice or being a ruthless decision-maker
- An authentic leader needs to be prepared to think differently, listen more and talk less
- The art and science of managing difficult conversations, taking responsibility, adapting quickly to changing environments, all while sticking to your internal values
Aneta has 20+ years of experience in software companies building best-in-class products, such as Ocado Technology, Fourth and SAP. She joined Ocado Technology in 2019 to support the growth of the Bulgarian office. Previously, she was part of the senior leadership team at Fourth. Aneta is passionate about people leadership as she believes that this is equally or more complex than software challenges. In her free time, she travels a lot to explore the world and its different cultures.