Session: Flutter for all: platforms, users, developers
Since its debut in 2018, Flutter has rapidly gained popularity among software developers for its ability to provide a high-performing and visually appealing user experience on all platforms: Android, iOS, web, Windows, macOS, Linux, and embedded devices, all with a single codebase.
We will talk about what Flutter is, and how its superpower allows to build products for all platforms, meet all users’ expectations, and make developers of many backgrounds happy. A live demo of Flutter applications running on multiple platforms will give you a taste of the current developers’ experience and possibilities.
- Flutter is an open-source framework by Google for building beautiful, natively compiled, multi-platform applications from a single codebase.
- Flutter applications can be run on Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and the web, all from a single codebase.
- Flutter is suitable for creating different kinds of applications allowing targeting different user groups.
- Dart - the programming language used in Flutter development, enables a unique development experience with stateful hot-reload by supporting both AOT and JIT compilation types.
- Dart is similar to many C-like languages, which makes it suitable for developers of many backgrounds and easy to learn.
Anna Leushchenko is a mobile development expert, passionate about quality software, from Ukraine. She is Women Techmakers Ambassador and Google Developer Expert in Dart and Flutter. Anna talks and blogs about cross-platform development, contributes to OSS, and mentors talented women in tech.