Session: How To Be An Assertive Tech Woman That Speaks Up Without Coming Across As Aggressive
Women in Tech face gender bias, inequality, and double standards which creates barriers to their career advancement. With optimized communication skills it is possible to break through those barriers and get heard, be taken seriously, and be respected as powerful, credible, and likable women.
• Myths that hold women back from being more assertive debunked
• How to deal with labels: too aggressive, difficult, abrasive, authoritarian
• Exact steps to speak up without backlash or retaliation
- Avoid the top mistakes that make Tech women come across as aggressive.
- Overcome the top challenges that hold women back from speaking up and being more assertive.
- Deal with labels: too aggressive, difficult, abrasive, and authoritarian.
- Follow 6 steps to speak up without backlash or retaliation.
- Script an important conversation that you want to have at work.
Ivna Curi has an Electrical Engineering degree from the Technological Institute of Aeronautics, INSEAD MBA, worked and led teams in analytics and supply chain in the US and abroad. Currently, Ivna is on a mission to help women successfully speak up to get more recognition, fast-track their careers, and amplify their work’s impact. Her company, AssertiveWay.com, provides trainings and workshops on respectful assertive communication and effective speaking up skills.