Session: Breaking into Tech - Security Pathway
There is an increase in demand for security professionals, however, lots of Early Careers, Entry level or transitioners are in doubt about how to get into this space. Security is seen as one big box or stereotyped as "hackers" or "the ability to hack". Therefore making it seem like an unachievable career path. There is a lot of information on the internet and this tends to sometimes pass as information overload for early careers in this field
- The session is going to take us through a high-level guidelines that has helped people break into this path and sustain it.
- They will be guided on how to position their mindset.
- They will understand how to align security to business values
- They will understand how to identify security opportunities & projects they can use to build their portfolio
- They will leave knowing they can Be that security professional they want to become.
A dedicated IT professional and Cybersecurity Advocate with the drive towards using Information Technology to address Issues, achieve organizational goals, and provide best-fit solutions.
A voice for "catch them early", I believe that getting people endeared to security from the early stage enables them to grow into experienced professionals.