Session: How To Level Up Your Career Path and Maximize Your Personal Growth Opportunities
A study by McKinsey research revealed that women in technical roles consistently lose ground in the step up to a managerial position. While companies should do more to close this gap, there are steps women can take to level up their career path by shifting out of their comfort zone.
Julie Casteel, Chief Strategic Accounts Officer and CMO at ibex, will discuss best practices and real life examples that she has implemented over the course of her career – including how she reached the c-suite in a male dominated industry by being curious and taking the road less traveled in pursuing responsibilities and roles that others might not find attractive.
In addition to examples from her own life, Julie will outline steps that women can take at any level to help advance their career.
- How to search for and find the less obvious places that could open up real opportunities in your desired field of work
- The most strategic and compelling ways to build your network early in your career
- The benefits of allowing the authentic version of yourself to shine - rather than conforming or limiting the way you are seen by others
- Why it’s important to seek guidance - rather than go it alone - when you hit a roadblock along your career path
- How to navigate the twists and turns on the road to a successful career path
Julie Casteel is Chief Strategic Accounts Officer and CMO at ibex. In this key leadership role, she is responsible for the company’s largest, most tenured clients and ibex’s marketing strategy. Julie has been responsible for new client sales efforts for ibex since 2016. She led the company through a strategic rebranding movement to a public market, and has helped drive the company's consistent double-digit year-over-year growth.
Prior to joining ibex, Julie was Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Sitel and held various sales positions with EDS.