Session: Finding & Keeping Your Balance (at least 50% of the time)
No company is responsible for putting balance in your life – you are. That’s easier said than done, though. Join full-time mom, tech CMO and cheese lover Kate Reed as she talks with her suite of C-level moms Wangui McKelvey & Jen Atkins about setting priorities, maintaining balance and kicking ass at work (and life). Women in all positions, including other C-level execs, will hear:
• How Kate, Wangui and Jen have determined the work-life balance that works for them and their families
• Examples of setting and communicating boundaries and life priorities…and how to handle any pushback
• The importance of leading by example for your teams, both on and offline
• How to find the workplace that supports you…and how to leave one that doesn’t
- Examples of different work-life balances and how they work for each panelist (and their families)
- Examples of setting and communicating boundaries and life priorities…and how to handle difficult conversations
- Leadership examples – on and offline – for other C-levels and employees
- How to find the workplace that supports you…and how to leave one that doesn’t
Kate aims to bring passion, humor and creativity to everything she does – at work, at home and everywhere in between. While raising three kids (2 human, one canine) with her fantastic husband Mike in suburban Massachusetts, she’s currently the CMO of Syniti where she works alongside a global team dedicated to marketing all things data management. Prior to Syniti, she spent 15 years at IBM, most recently as CMO of IBM Security. You can find her on LinkedIn and Twitter and offline, either skiing or roadtripping to ninja tournaments with her family.
Wangui is General Manager of the Apps & Endpoints business within the Microsoft 365 portfolio. She’s responsible for all product & partner marketing, field enablement and go to market programs for Windows, Office, Outlook & Management for the enterprise. Prior to Microsoft, Wangui spent 13 years at IBM in various marketing leadership roles.
Jenn loves a good laugh, a great read and connecting with people and brings that philosophy to her approach to marketing. She started her career in design and has brought that creative thinking, love of experimentation, and a passion for telling a great story into every role. She’s currently the CMO for Dun & Bradstreet, a leading global provider of business decisioning data and analytics. She was most recently the VP of Marketing at IBM for its Systems and Quantum divisions and held positions at Blackbaud, Convio, and various start-ups in Austin, TX. In her free time, you’ll find her mentoring and cheering on her daughter’s robotics team or rooting for her son on the soccer field.