Session: HealthTech Innovation and Its Impact on Health Equity
Laura MacMillan, UX Researcher Manager, will break down some of the systemic issues in healthcare that prevent all patients from receiving equitable treatment and quality of service. These healthcare divides have massive ripple effects that lead to exponentially different healthcare outcomes which leads to a lack of trust in healthcare. We’ll discuss the sizing of the problem and how we’re leveraging, and will leverage our platform to build trust with all patients to improve healthcare outcomes.
- What are the systemic issues leading to the lack of equity in healthcare, and at what scale?
- What is the scale of the current challenges we face in healthcare?
- What is the impact of continuing to ignore the inequities in the healthcare system?
- How is Zocdoc leveraging its platform to increase health equity and build trust within the health system?
- How will Zocdoc leverage its platform in the future to create a safer, more accessible, and inclusive patient experience?
Laura MacMillan leads the user research team at Zocdoc, a health-tech org out of NYC. Previously, she has worked in agency and in-house settings on education, personal finance, climate, and more.