Session: Building Successful Teams
During the course of this active 20m conversation with session attendees I hope to dive into some of the things we've collectively seen "work" with respect to cultivating environments and cultures that set-up team members to create success - for themselves, each other, and their clients and customers.
As a co-founder of Axioned, a technology services company, I've learned a lot about what team members need to succeed. I've been growing and scaling the company since 2008, and I'm excited to share what I've learned thus far with you. (The learning continues!)
- "Blank Slate" Thinking/Less Assumption Making. As a team member, how can learning how to use "Blank Slate" thinking/less assumption making be helpful?
- Epistemic Dependence Vulnerability. As a team member, how can examining what it means to know something be helpful?
- (If time allows)... Positive Action Language (PAL). As a team member, how can learning how to use PAL lead to more successful outcomes?
- (If time allows)... Organization Awareness: As a team member, how can investing in Organizational Awareness lead to more successful outcomes?
Co-founder/CEO of Axioned, a technology services firm. Our passion - as a team - is to partner with our clients to launch new ideas and businesses into the world using technology/digital solutions. www.axioned.com
- Growing Axioned (né PRDXN) since 2009
- Leading a cross-border (US/UK/India) team of 90+ technology problem solvers; full-stack developers, testers/QA resources, project managers, and UX/UI digital experience designers
- Helping customers/partners identify & scale efficient and effective digital solutions
- Experienced in managing distributed and virtual/diverse teams to "get things done" (GTD)
- ~7 years at GE in the early 2000's, "GE Mafia of Tech Leaders": https://www.protocol.com/enterprise/ge-breeding-ground-tech-leaders
- Speaking engagements and profile: https://sessionize.com/libby-swan/