Session: Demystifying the Myths and Breaking Gender Stereotypes in STEM
I would like to focus on demystifying the myths and enforcing that
1. Girls can do Tech
2. Entrepreneurship is a girl's cup of tea
3. Marriage and Children are not a setback for the career
4. Women can embrace challenges and thrive as Tech Entrepreneurs
- Women need to remember that comebacks are stronger than setbacks.
- Each one of us women who is in leadership positions should ensure that we mentor atleast 5 women in a year
- Innovation and Relearning are a part of our life. Accept it
Mamta Bakliwal Brief Profile:
I am one of the first Women Technology entrepreneurs in Central India
Education: B.E (EC& T), MBA ,Executive Program from MIT on Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy.
Occupation: Founder, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Director of Empower Integrated Solutions (P) Ltd a Software Export House with offices in Indore and Pune and Strategic Partners in US, Canada , Germany, UK and Belgium.
Professional Competence: I have led international & national projects of very high repute delivering high quality cost effective solutions. At Empower I am responsible for new technology assimilation and adoption in the company by evaluating, approving and percolating the usage of new technologies and software for different phases of development.
Hobbies and Interests: I love reading biographies, business and motivational books and quizzing.
Beliefs: We Women need to shift from thinking " I am not ready to do that " to thinking "I want to do that and I'll learn by doing it. " Be Passionate is the mantra of my life.
Awards and Recognition:
• Finalist for the WomenTech Global Awards 2020 in the category CTO of the Year 2020
• Featured among the FLO Compendium of 100 Successful Women Entrepreneurs in MSME across India.
• Awarded as a Women leader in Software Exports at SWEEP(Sustainable Growth for Women Entrepreneurs through Export Production) 2017 by MAWE.
• Panel member at MAWE representing Software Export Promotion Council, Delhi attended by International Delegates from UN Women, International Trade Centre Geneva, Asia Foundation and more.
• Panel member of "Boost your Business“ conducted by SheThePeople TV and Facebook and FLO
• Guest of Honor at the annual function of Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College as an accomplished alumni
• Winner of Women Business Leader - IT award by Indo Global SME chamber.
• Speaker at IIT Indore on Breaking Stereotypes and at Josh Talks on Entrepreneurship.
• Winner of WOW Business Leader – IT by INMO Facebook community
• Panelist on Skill Set required for Employability at JNEC Aurangabad.
• Panelist at “eChai” on “Scaling up your business”.