Session: A WholeHearted Approach to Technical Leadership
Did you inherit a new engineering team, while gaining additional leadership responsibilities during this global pandemic? As an engineering leader, I knew that I would have to rely on more than just my technical knowledge to integrate and scale my teams, while also focusing on building an inclusive, EQ-savvy global workforce. Emotional intelligence, as cited by Harvard Business Review, accounts for nearly 90 percent of what sets high performers apart from peers with similar technical skills and knowledge.
In this talk, I will share my personal experiences as a technical leader scaling team, what leaders should look for when focusing on self and mental wellness, and concrete strategies to bring back to you and your teams as wholehearted leaders.
If you have ever wondered how to build your approach toward the path of a wholehearted, technical leader, you won’t want to miss my talk!
- How to perform a holistic assessment of yourself as a manager, including technical, mental wellness, and EQ proficiencies
- A roadmap for optimizing teammates’ technical aptitude and mental wellness
- How to successfully integrate new and inherited teams with your existing teammates
- Share key strategies for balancing org expectations and team well-being
- How to build a culture of quality in your team and for yourself as a wholehearted leader
Pricilla is a Passionate Test Engineer currently working with Billennium IT Services (M) Sdn - Malaysia, with a decade of experience in Quality Assurance. She strongly advocates for diversity and inclusion. She has experience with different flavors of Testing like Functional, EDI, ETL, Automation, and API Testing. She is a Postman Supernova and speaks at various events regarding APIs and Postman. She is passionate about Cloud computing and is an “AWS Community Builder”. Also, she is one of the global ambassadors of WomenTech Network. She believes in coexistence and harmony. She is a certified mentor and helps many test engineers through her mentoring sessions. She is an active community contributor through her blogs, webinars, and workshops. She staunchly believes in Karma!!