Session: Beware of Biases
We are training these systems based on how the world is currently, rather than how we want the world to be. If you ask a machine learning system to optimize advert placement to increase click-through rate, it will do exactly that. If you give the learning system a dataset that has females click on high-paying ads less frequently, the machine learning system will learn to exploit that fact to get closer to its goal. The consequence is that machine learning systems will perpetuate, or even exacerbate existing biases.
The talk will expose many real-time examples of Machine Biases and how it has impacted people.
Will also find way to identify these biases and how to minimize it.
- We live is a world which is full of unconscious biases
- Machines are learning everything from human even the unconscious bias
- These Biases are present in our data and machine are even making these biases stronger
- We should be very conscious about the fact that these biases are present and act appropriately
- On technology front we should make an active effort to reduce these biases
I am a passionate business technology leader and a digital platform architect who built managed and transformed robust and scalable technology architectures, digital assets, and systems across various industries. Beyond my profession, I'm a social enthusiast speaking in various forums and conferences and also very passionate to bring more and more women into technology.