Session: Giving women a Voice. How to build a Grassroot Women@ Employee Resource Group (ERG)
Promoting Women in Tech is on top of our mind. Companies have learned to acknowledge the value that diverse workforce brings and therefore invest in DEI, however this only creates a top down paradigm of enablement and awareness. What is still missing is allowing women to connect and build their own community within the organization and shape it the way best supports, empower and serve them as a community. In this session you will get inspired as well as receive practical tools on how to create a Women@ grassroot group within your organization. An affinity led by the community, open to allies and able to be self-sustainable. You would learn how to empower women in all levels in your organization to go and do.
- The value of creating a Women@ ERG and the challenges you may encounter
- How to bring an ERG to be acknowledged and supported by the organization
- What is the role of such ERG? What content, values, opportunities and Support should it provide to the members
- What is the place for Allies in the success of the ERG
- How to mature an ERG without slowing down.
Ronit Bohrer Hillel is a seasoned product-engineering leader with a track record of delivering innovations and growing concepts to enterprise-level scale products. Over the last +20 years of her career, Ronit led SaaS, AI, no-code, Telecom and Big Data initiatives as part of enterprise, mid-size, and startups companies. Ronit brings a strong understanding of how to connect a business vision to successful product delivery. Ronit is a trained career coach and utilizes her skills to coach and advise engineering executives. She is an advocate for accelerating Women in Engineering and an active DEI leader.