Session: Myth Busting: Challenging stereotypes and grasping opportunities
As women in tech, the stereotypes put upon us – and particularly those we accept, internalise and resign ourselves to can become the mantras of our whole careers. From “not being technically minded enough” to being “unable to cope with the demands of the job”, our gender and ethnicities can dictate the positions we apply for and hold, and how far we’ll climb.
Join Tayana Bellis for this presentation, in which she’ll debunk some of the common myths believed about women in tech (and that we sometimes believe about ourselves!), and provide practical strategies for how to overcome these stereotypes.
Attend this session to learn:
• The common myths and stereotypes faced by women in tech, and how to overcome them
• How to identify and grasp opportunities, including battling feelings of inadequacy and imposter syndrome
• How to create and connect with support systems – from interview process to the day-to-day
- The common myths and stereotypes faced by women in tech, and how to overcome them
- How to identify and grasp opportunities, including battling feelings of inadequacy and imposter syndrome
- How to create and connect with support systems – from interview process to the day-to-day
Tayana Bellis is an experienced product leader and VP Client Services at Egress Software Technologies. She spent most of her career in financial services (ex Thomson Reuters/Refinitiv, S&P) and transitioned into cyber security in 2019. As well as leading Customer Support, she was previously Director of Product Management for their flagship Egress Intelligent Email Security products and also established and led the UX design team.