Session: Stakeholders: The Third Wheel of UX Design
In my presentation, I will discuss who are stakeholders and what are their goals in the project lifecycle. I will also address common issues that often put them at odds with users such a deliverables and misleading metrics. Additionally, common problems the team faces when a good-intentioned stakeholder interferes with the design & development process. Finally, I will discuss strategies to help with these issues while maintaining good relationships with the people who have maximum influence over our project.
- Who are Stakeholders and what are their goals
- Why are Stakeholders at odds with users sometimes
- Common issues with stakeholders and how to mediate them (solutioning for you, not trusting input, over-anticipating issues, deprioritizing UX)
- Strategies for getting Stakeholder buy-in
- What not to do with Stakeholders
Trish works with Federal clients as a UX Designer to help transform their digital platforms.
She has supported the Department of Health and Human Services' efforts to advance HIV patient care and help teens battle cigarette addiction.
Her current role involves product strategy and UX design for mission-critical operations in the Department of Defense, including combat support and ensuring effective defense against foreign cyber adversaries.