Session: Angel Investing for C-Suite Women - How to Build Legacy and Generational Wealth
Female founders start businesses at the similar rate as men yet 50% drop off in early stages due to lack of access capital. In 2022, women received less than 2% of all VC funding. In addition, only 12% of all decision makers in VC funds are women.
This has a cascading effect:
1. The world is missing out on solutions to problems that often disproportionately affect women like reproductive health.
2. Due to lack of representation on investor seats, such solutions are not considered worthy of investment and get passed over.
Women with power and money, like you, have the ability to level the playing field and help change the future of investing. In this session we will show you how to jumpstart your side career as an investor.
- Understanding the basics of angel investing
- How to conduct due diligence on a startup
- How to help your portfolio thrive beyond writing a check
Shalini Sardana and Vidhi Data, are co-founders of She Raises Capital. As immigrants and mothers, we are passionate about gender equality. Together we bring over 40 years of experience in innovation, design, product and leadership across multiple industries from Fortune 500 to startups.
We are also angel investors, mentors to startups and regularly participate in the startup ecosystem as judges, speakers and panelists. All this rich experience has enabled us to design and build a solution that levels the playing field.
She Raises Capital made it to Fast Company's list of "World Changing Ideas 2022" in the social justice category and has built a portfolio of investments in high impact female founded companies.