The backend Tech Lead day to day involves:
- Write and review some Java or Kotlin code helping other teammates
- Tackling legacy parts and handling tech debt backlog
- Help teams with mid and long term technical plans
- Promote best practices across teams (DDD, event driven architectures, testing, monitoring…)
- Mentoring other teammates to get the better of them
As a Backend Tech Lead, you will contribute to construct a team culture, with the rest of the technical leads, based on a continuous improvement attitude, trust and a self-empowerment philosophy. So, among others, you will drive teammates to have a complete ownership of the services embracing DevOps philosophy.
One of the current challenges is working completely remote since COVID-19 and improving the communications and documentation inside the company about technical achievements and possible issues.
Some of the interesting things we are currently doing at technical level, include finding new ways to handle complexity, improve resiliency and escalate the team.
It's difficult to explain our stack but the most important parts are:
- Kotlin & Java
- Spring, Axon Framework & Ktor
- MySql, DynamoDB, Redis & Memcached
- ElasticSearch & Solr
- Kibana, Grafana, InfluxDB & Prometheus
- AWS: S3, ECS, CloudWatch, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambdas & more
We are really friendly and expect any new members to join us to be respectful, appreciate diversity, and have a sense of humor. We are constantly learning new technologies, acquiring new skills, as things change fast at Wallapop. And Wallapop is aware of that fact, so every employee has a budget for courses and conferences.
- You have experience leading change & technical initiatives across teams
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have experience creating medium & long term roadmaps
- You are open minded, curious and you're not scared of trying new solutions
Wallapop is the marketplace for second-hand and unique goods in Spain and Italy. Barcelona based, we are driven by the purpose to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of...Read more