As the Federal Operations Program Manager for HP Federal the successful candidate will have responsibility for improving and sustaining the end-to-end operational performance of the US Federal business unit. This role will work under the day-to-day guidance of the Federal Operations Program Lead and will report directly to the Head of Innovation & Business Operations, HP Federal.
Specific focus areas include ensuring Operational Compliance, developing and tracking Operational Performance Insights and managing assigned projects in support of our overall Operational Improvement POR. This role requires a passionate operations professional with advanced knowledge of the end-to-end value chain, the ability to successfully work with a broad network of cross-functional leaders and familiarity with the US Federal segment.
- Control Fed User Authorization and User Access process.
- Coordinate Audit & Assurance schedule.
- Partner with HP Federal management, Compliance, Legal, Cybersecurity and L&D to refresh annual operational security training. Ensure there is a closed-loop process to improve upon the annual training each year.
- Responsible for the management of the relationship/inter-company agreements with HP Inc. (as the parent company), and management of vendor relationships for the LLC, as needed. In particular, ensuring that all vendor contract language contains the appropriate provisions to ensure compliance standards are met or exceeded.
- Participate in Compliance forums, as needed and ensure operational policies and processes are fully aligned. Supports the design, development, and implementation of strategies and tactics focused on ensuring and inspecting compliance within, but not limited, to the following: Compliance with US Federal contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements (examples include Security Requirements, Procurement Regulations, and contract-specific regulations.).
- Understand regulatory environment and implications to HP Federal E2E operations.
Performance Insights and Operational Improvement
- Work with stakeholder teams to put in place an integrated E2E view of HP Federal operational performance.
- Develop a balanced scorecard / management KPIs that drive action / sustained operational excellence.
- Manage key operational issues and track to resolution via regular operational forums.
- Drives various projects necessary to stand up new processes, eliminate/mitigate performance inhibitors, or enhance system functionality and/or existing processes in the pursuit of meeting or exceeding compliance standards and operational performance goals.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Ensures careful attention to HP's legal, ethical and business conduct policies in all work performed.
- Provides flexible, results-oriented leadership to get things done quickly and effectively - balanced against business performance.
- Ensure adequate documentation of key processes & controls to support audits working in concert with Federal Operations Program Lead.
- May provide mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees.
- Prepares regular management reports and situational analyses/solution proposals/project plans.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 6-10 years work experience in business operations and 5-8 years of project/program management experience. Often 2 years post' advanced degree experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or mergers and acquisitions. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to summarize abstract ideas clearly and independently manage project objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of company operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- Must possess advanced subject matter knowledge and experience in Lead to Cash functional domains – i.e., Marketing, Sales Operations, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and/or Service & Support. Familiarity with non-L2C functions (e.g., HR, Procurement, etc.) is also valuable.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation), leadership, facilitation and influence skills. Mastery in English.
- Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills; ability to drive process improvements using industry standard quality improvements tools and concepts.
- Strong project management skills such as planning, execution and implementation.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Must possess experience with risk identification, process analysis and documentation.
- Results-oriented/driver; self-starter, independent leader willing to take risks and make decisions.
- Excellent teamwork building skills - able to get results through influence (without direct control/power).
- Quality improvement training required and certification a plus.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s...Read more