Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers by the end of 2022! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin, Barcelona & New-York). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
The Customer Journey tribe is a group of 7 squads (feature teams) empowering users to find the right products & services on Back Market. This means helping our customers to discover, understand, trust & love Back Market, encouraging them to explore our catalogue through seamless browsing flows, and promoting tailored content.
This tribe is therefore very customer facing and driven by the user experience. As a front-end staff engineer, you will have a key transversal and very impactful role across all the tribe’s teams. You will help all the front-end engineers to accomplish their best work and bring beautifully crafted experiences to our customers.
Your expertise is deep and broad. You are able to navigate between hands-on and hands-off work, producing both high quality code and architectural designs. You strive for simplicity and understand the cost of building and maintaining software.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the general code quality up by facilitating the sharing of good practices inside the tribe, reviewing code, helping with design, mentoring engineers, making sure that chapter projects get done
- Help the delivery of the roadmap by temporarily “joining” a squad during especially hard projects or complicated situations.
- Actually contribute to the codebase by updating dependencies or adding new capabilities to the codebase that can speed up other engineers.
- Facilitate communication between the various engineering leadership groups by being involved in transversal conversations and bring the tribe’s point of view to the table
What you will bring to the team :
- 7+ years of relevant and broad engineering experience
- Experience successfully operating in a service oriented architecture
- Experience mentoring and developing engineers
- Experience addressing web performance topics
- Great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Bonus points if you already worked on an ecommerce platform
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
• A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
• An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, #remote friendly company, relocation package, internal events, etc…
• Technical challenges all day every day: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
• Work with passionate experts who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow! (Backademy, technical guilds, Meet-up & Conference)
• Grow your career with a flexible career path, BackMarket can help you evolve!
• A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and soon in Asia!
• A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Our mission is to build trust and desire for renewed devices.
Spurred into action by the megatons of e-waste we produce each year thanks to our collective obsession with new tech, Back Market is...Read more