Field Marketing Lead EMEA North
Home office preferred in the UK or the Netherlands
Objective of the role
This role will contribute to the execution of the strategic marketing plan to ensure our Northern European pipeline goals are met. The marketing lead will be final responsible for demand generation, using a broad range of online and offline programs to ensure the conversion of inquiries to marketing qualified leads across all sub-regions (UK/I, Benelux, Nordics and Sub-Saharan Africa). In this role, you will lead and inspire a small team of two senior marketers.
The marketing lead will be the main point of contact towards sales leadership, marketing stakeholders and ensures the EMEA North team works closely with territory and account executives; marketing stakeholders and other team members in a fast paced and rapidly growing market.
On top of overseeing the marketing strategy in EMEA North, you’ll manage and execute all marketing activities in our largest subregion UK/I. Activities could include customer and/or partner events; digital marketing (e-mail campaigns and social marketing in partnership with the global demand management team) and other demand generation activities. Your goal is to implement the best possible strategy to increase sales, profits, market-share and pipe progression for the Northern European region. You will consistently monitor campaigns/events and analyse results and derive recommendations for future activities.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates a deep understanding of (digital) marketing strategies, possesses strong communication skills and has the ability to lead and inspire by example through creativity, a hands-on mentality and a goal-oriented mind set.
- Drive the Northern European marketing strategy that aligns with sales goals and includes agreed and measurable targets and objectives (goal of achieving 30% of the directing sales pipeline)
- Manage the successful delivery of field marketing programs and activities as part of the plan that leverages the full marketing mix including digital; off-line; a variety of events approaches and has the ability to innovate routinely
- Act as main point of contact on behalf of marketing for EMEA North
- Oversee and execute demand generation and expansion efforts through targeted communications based on functional, buyer and influencer personas
- Align closely with global marketing, PR and communications team
- Actively take part in the EMEA marketing leadership team to ensure innovation, results and efficiency across the wider EMEA region
- Track, measure and report in a timely manner the success of each program against overall objectives
- Responsibility for the proper use and accountability for the overall EMEA North budget
- 7+ years of marketing experience & leadership
- Excellent time management and organization skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of digital demand generation tactics, channel, alliances and field marketing
- A level of knowledge in ABM (Account Based Marketing), and use of Intent based intelligence Marketing
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with sales management and sales-persons
- Integrated marketing program planning & execution experience
- Experience with sales & marketing automation systems (experience with Marketo and SFDC welcome)
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Strong and efficient team player with a positive attitude and eye for optimization
- Self-starter with ability to hit deadlines, work independently, multi-task while working on competing priorities.
- Solid decision making/critical thinking, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for data-driven success are a must.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
What you need to do now
If you’re interested, click Apply now to upload your up to date CV. A recruiter will contact you if your skills are found to be a match for any current or future open positions. In the meantime, we hope you will continue to review our job openings at SUSE Careers.
Looking for something else? Visit our Career Website: https://www.suse.com/company/careers/
SUSE, the world’s largest independent open source software company, powers digital transformation with true open source technologies for the enterprise that simplify, modernize and accelerate traditional, cloud and edge solutions. SUSE collaborates with partners, communities and customers to deliver and support solutions that enable mission-critical business outcomes. SUSE’s container and cloud platforms, software-defined infrastructure, and artificial intelligence and edge computing solutions allow customers to create, deploy and manage workloads anywhere – on premises, hybrid and multi-cloud. For more information, visit www.suse.com.