Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers by the end of 2022! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Berlin, Barcelona & New-York). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation : the Bureau Of Technology
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This job allows a full-remote position (which involves up to 2 days/week or 1 week/quarter in our Brooklyn offices).
The location of the position must be in the United States, Eastern Time Zone
The SRE team at Back Market is tasked with ensuring the stability and performance of our services. While supporting a distributed platform, your main responsibility will be to aid feature teams to define their objectives of system resilience and performance, and help guide them toward a state of operational excellence.
As a distributed function, we’re heavily involved in defining global architecture roadmaps, as well as advancing a technology vision that will allow our teams to achieve their resiliency goals. As part of that mission, you’ll aid our feature teams with incident management, technical training, architectural design decisions, as well as support product launches.
- Aid our technical teams to be in full control of their services’ stability and performance
- Be a technical expert on our technology lifecycle, and know how to use that expertise to improve our methods and tools
- Ensure availability and performance of the platform within SLAs
- Increase integrated monitoring of our platform by integrating (and developing when needed) tools that are key to operating a micro-services architecture
- Participate in the production lifecycle (incident / change management / on call) and collaborate with the DevOps team on changes to our environment or architecture
- Take ownership of complex issues related to performance, reliability, and scalability, driving toward fast and replicable solutions
What we're looking for:
- 4-5 years of experience in a similar role, bonus points if you’re been a software engineer in a past life
- Excellent communication skills, a penchant for leadership
- Cloud tech and related constraints are no secret for you (bonus: AWS)
- Solid experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform / Datadog
- Willingness to work on-call rotation, on occasion
- Good understanding of Chaos Suite / Prometheus
- Languages: Bash, Go, Python
Our mission is to build trust and desire for renewed devices.
Spurred into action by the megatons of e-waste we produce each year thanks to our collective obsession with new tech, Back Market is...Read more