(open to remote from France)
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Identity and Access Management team, whose mission is to provide secure services for the BlaBlaCar platform to manage user identity, authentication, and accounts, and to power trust by ensuring the privacy and safety of our members' personal data.
As a Software Engineer, your role is to lead the design and implementation of our solutions, making sure they are robust and scalable. You will also contribute to the development of the stack by developing features, helping us build a cloud-compatible architecture.
- Enable members to connect safely to our platform building trust around identity & account management, enhancing data privacy and ensuring regulations pertaining to personal data are respected
- Participatee in the definition of the features with the Product and Design teams to find the best solutions for our members
- Deep dive into our cloud-based infrastructure on GCP using most advanced features like fully automated, continuous rollouts etc..
- Participate in the definition of the architecture to find the best solutions to achieve high performance, reliability, and pursue the ongoing migration to a fully service-oriented architecture
- Operate services in production and ensuring they are performing as expected through monitoring and instrumentation
- Foster a positive atmosphere around excellence and ambitious goals in your team
- Encourage skills development of your fellow colleagues
- Produce documentation of tech decisions and code to allow smooth onboarding of newcomers on any given project
- Good knowledge of service-oriented architecture and architectural patterns
- Fluency in object-oriented language development and eagerness to constantly learn new technologies
- Practical knowledge of Ops tools (monitoring, deployment, containers, linux…) and willingness to contribute in building a true DevOps environment
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!