Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We are now leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for. We are building the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. Our company has the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30% and reshape one of the oldest and largest industries on the planet.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We have just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. We hire the right people and work with the right tools to stay on top of the technology game.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Here at Choco, we like to use the space shuttle as a metaphor for our engineering work. Now, you will join and help us bring the shuttle to the moon. We are just launching several new cross-functional teams focusing on implementing business-critical product features and all related functionalities across our mobile and web platforms. You will take end to end ownership for bring quality to the solution, ensuring it is well-tested and stable.
On a daily basis you will:
- Ensure the overall quality of business critical features.
- Design and develop QA automation frameworks for our test infrastructure and provide automation expertise to our engineering teams.
- Develop effective QA strategies and create reliable, detailed test plans, test cases and documentation.
- Establish quality assurance measures and testing standards throughout the software development process including bug fixes and enhancements.
- Discover and experiment with new test techniques and formats, strive for continuous improvement to uncover and prevent bugs.
- Work together with developers, QA and the Product Owner in an agile manner in a squad-based organisation.
- Act as a quality consultant within and across product teams
- Be humble, reliable, detail-oriented, a team player, admit mistakes readily, never stop learning and growing.
What you will need to have an impact with us
- At least 4+ years of QA experience with solid QA automation background on mobile (iOS and Android) and web applications, awareness of related frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cypress).
- Proven experience and completed test projects in mobile and/or web test automation.
- Previous experience in testing payment solutions or integration-heavy products will be very useful.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
- Strong communication skills combined with influence and eagerness to share and develop others
- To be organised, communicative, and proactive, and excited to be involved in ongoing product development.
- Ability to identify, articulate issues and take ownership for delivering practical solutions, while prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Good learning ability, open-mindedness and good self-organizational skills will be absolutely key to the success of your work and the business overall.
What it’s like to be a Chocorian
You will join a company filled with smart, humble and hard-working people. We are a start-up where people put the team first, deeply trust each other, take ownership and truly understand what they are working for day by day.
You will join a group of people from all around the world who share their experiences and contribute in their areas of expertise and learn from each other.
You will join a passionate team that shares the same values and vision, a circle of friends that not only works hard but also laughs with- and cheers for each other.
With that said, it is absolutely crucial to find people who share this with us and who deeply identify themselves with the values of a Chocorian.
We invite you to take part in the following selection process:
- Introduction call: a Tech Recruiter will tell you more about Choco, our Tech Org and get to know your work, background, interests and you as a person better.
- Technical interview: our QA engineers will have a technical deep dive with you. No scripting/coding, no whiteboard here. We want to map your previous experience, QA engineering fundamentals, knowledge of different testing approaches.
- Tech challenge at home: now is the time to show us your coding skills via a task from the comfort of your home. Our QA tech challenge is a simple automation related task to be solved.
- Product Demo: present your task solution to our Team Lead and Product Manager like a demo. They will check your fit to the team, how you collaborate with the non-tech side of the organization and your way of thinking about product.
- Cultural interview: we will have a chat with you about our culture and checks what can be your non-technical contribution to Choco.
OFFER: your interviewers will make a decision together regarding your offer.
A stellar onboarding and the smartest team in the foodspace will be waiting for you ! 🚀