Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world into sustainable food systems. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We are now leveraging technology to bring change and start the necessary transformation the industry is craving for. We are building the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. Our company has the potential to reduce food prices, decrease food waste by 30% and reshape one of the oldest and largest industries on the planet.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Therefore, we are looking for more Chocorians who share our vision and want to join our journey here in Berlin. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We have just raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge technologies, modern engineering practices and always keep software quality standards high. We hire the right people and work with the right tools to stay on top of the technology game.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
You will hire technically strong, diverse, mission-driven engineers who will build a unique and impactful product. In the first few days you will understand how Choco works, what is our technology stack and what defines our culture. Quickly, you will take ownership for several tech / product roles that will be your focus area. You will identify, attract, screen and manage outstanding technical talent. Occasionally you will contribute to or even initiate projects within Talent Acquisition that will improve productivity, increase diversity, raises our knowledge as a team or makes us more efficient in any other useful way. You will receive mentoring and guidance when needed but you should be ready to share your knowledge and ideas too. On a daily basis you will:
- You will make great hires in an environment where hiring speed, quality, culture and diversity are all important.
- Work as part of a team and own the hiring process for several tech roles and TA projects end to end.
- Act as a partner and deliver a great experience to both candidates and hiring managers.
- Proactively source, pipeline, attract, interview and close candidates within the technology domain (backend, frontend, mobile, QA and data engineers) or product (managers, designers, analysts)
- Develop a strong understanding of the talent market, industry trends, technology, product process and the competition.
- You will continuously deliver a great candidate experience
- Additionally you can contribute to employer branding, diversity initiatives, TA / POPS process improvement, Hiring Manager training and advisory and any other idea you can initiate in order to lead us to success.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- At least 4 years previous experience as a tech recruiter in an in-house or agency set-up (ideally both): You can take ownership for an area, work independently already with some guidance from a senior colleague.
- Strong understanding and interest in technology and software development process: you can hold a conversation with a developer and discuss in detail what is expected from a new hire.
- Experience in sourcing diverse tech / product candidates using a range of creative tools and channels: sure, everyone uses LinkedIn but you should be able to source candidates from at least 4-5 other channels.
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to adapt your style to your audience.
- A genuine interest in being part of our mission, making a positive difference in the food space and changing people’s careers for the better.