Devo Technology is the only cloud-native logging and security analytics platform that releases the full potential of your data to empower bold, confident action. With unrivaled scale to collect all of your data without compromise, speed to give you immediate access and answers, and clarity to focus on the signals that matter most, Devo Technology is your ally in protecting your organization today and tomorrow. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Devo Technology is backed by Insight Partners, Georgian, TCV, General Atlantic, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kibo Ventures and Eurazeo. Learn more at www.devo.com
Devo Technology is proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work®.
As a Database Engineer - DBA your mission will be to become responsible for the performance, integrity and security of our databases. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database through upgrades, configuration, and monitoring as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. You'll ensure that: data remains consistent across the database.
- Creating and maintaining database standards and policies.
- Supporting database design, creation, and testing activities.
- Managing the database availability and performance, including incident and problem management. Planning and executing migration of big volume of data
- Administering database objects to achieve optimum utilization
- Defining and implementing event triggers that will alert on potential database performance or integrity issues
- Performing database housekeeping, such as tuning, indexing, etc.
- Monitoring usage, transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels, etc.
- Identifying reporting, and managing database security issues, audit trails, and forensics
- Designing database backup, archiving, and storage strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Experience in MySQL, Amazon RDS, Aurora and GCP Cloud SQL Management
- +5 years of DBA Experience on Linux MySQL including;
- aspects of installation and configuration.
- basic performance tuning, query optimization & index tuning.
- knowledge of MySQL backup solutions.
- basic knowledge of HA solutions.
- understanding of monitoring requirements.
- Experience doing hot migrations of big volume of data
- Experience working directly with internal and/or external customers in database software development and support.
- Experience in root cause analysis, remediation, and problem resolution for complex systems.
- Working knowledge in database systems architecture, including networking, security, scaling, and fault-tolerance.
- Working knowledge of database internals such as locking, wait events, consistency, logging, recovery.
- Proficiency tuning databases for performance, availability, and scalability.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent business relationship and user support skills
- Full English professional proficiency
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- MySQL DBA, MySQL Professional Certifications.
Why work at Devo Technology?
- You’ll join a Great Place to Work® certified company where we value our people and provide the tremendous opportunities that come with a hyper-growth organization.
- Be part of an international company with a strong team culture that celebrates success. Share our core values: Be bold - Be Inventive - Be humble - Be an ally.
- Work in an environment that will challenge you and enable you to grow as a professional. Our professional development programs include:
- Company-paid job-related technical certifications, plus you can earn a bonus for achieving certain certifications.
- Personal development plans based on career paths. Free access to an extensive variety of online learning courses through our Devo Learning Hub.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Innovative training and development tools.
- Full support for internal job movements as part of career development.
Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Flexible remuneration: medical insurance co-paid by Devo Technology, meal vouchers, commuting allowance, and childcare vouchers.
- 100% remote work option
- A monthly allowance to help set up your home office.
- Fully paid life insurance and permanent disability coverage
- Gympass to keep you active.
- Employee referral program — get a bonus for helping friends get jobs at Devo Technology!
- Rewards & Recognition program.
- Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Office centrally located in Madrid financial district, featuring a well-stocked kitchen with free coffee, cookies, and fruit every day.
- Free lunch at the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays!
- Matching donations program — it is important to give back to our community. Devo Technology matches employee donations to many charitable organizations that further our values and those of our employees.
- Gender and diversity initiatives to increase visibility, inclusion, and sense of belonging.
Devo is the only cloud-native logging and security analytics platform that releases the full potential of your data to empower bold, confident action. With unrivalled scale to collect all of your data...Read more