FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch-ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Solutions Architect to join our growing Platform Team, with expert-level knowledge of technology, e-commerce, enterprise integrations and cloud computing. This is a hands-on role where you will manage the solution design and architecture for e-commerce solutions using the Farfetch Platform across different consumer channels and the integrations they require. You will work with our delivery teams to ensure the solution design and strategy meets client requirements and is understood and delivered in each project. You will be client-facing which requires a substantial technical background covering the full stack of e-commerce solutions and working with business, commercial and technical partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Gather and translate our requirements into system-level design and detailed technical architecture and infrastructure documents;
- Accelerate Technology delivery and operations capability by producing flexible cloud architectures that make the operations processes easier to manage.
- Ensure solutions are the right fit, cost-effective, high-quality, and aligned with the highest IT Standards through the provision of review and guidance to delivery managers, SREs and Cloud engineers teams.
- Working with the Lead Delivery Managers and Domain Architects, you will help establish the product architecture strategy following the enterprise application architecture strategy.
- Provide cloud and application architectures and development patterns for e-commerce consumer channels (web, mobile, social, and external marketplaces) working aligned with our clients;
- Support the commercial team in the pre-sales stage by performing presentations, guiding high-level solution design and providing inputs for commercial proposals;
- Provide agreement on Development, Product and Infrastructure teams on architectural topics, system connectivity and interface designs;
- Help evolve the Farfetch Platform by partnering with the relevant teams;
- Maintain an understanding of industry standards and technical / business trends evolution shaping the future of retail;
- Assess vendors and third-party suppliers.
WHO YOU ARE
- A professional with 6 years of experience, having worked on large-scale enterprise programs;
- Experienced designing solutions for complex e-commerce programs;
- Used to cloud patterns;
- Have a firm belief that anything and everything can be automated with code to improve and increase efficiency.
- End-to-end architecture point of view;
- Knowledgeable of service-oriented architecture and micro-services / distributed systems patterns;
- Knowledgeable of solutions respecting security, data privacy and compliance requirements;
- Knowledgeable of cloud solution providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure or GCP);
- Experienced performing presentations, facilitating meetings discussing trade-offs and risk/impact analysis;
- Comfortable in a client-facing role;
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.