FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers.
We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All.
We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world.
Our Lisbon office is located in Portugal's cosmopolitan capital. Mostly the teams here are focused around Technology and Store of the Future. In this office, Farfetchers like to have catch ups in the ball pit or creative moments by the grand piano!
As a Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be responsible for establishing technical standards around data infrastructure, driving and owning the overall technical architecture and engineering practices, and working with products and engineering teams to translate business needs into technical solutions. As a senior technical leader with hands-on, broad and deep expertise, you'll be producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance for data infrastructure while ensuring high quality and standards
- Think big and continuously pitch for new solutions that will help improve the data infrastructure
- Partner with multiple data teams to understand their needs and influence their design and roadmap decisions for the benefit of the data infrastructure architecture and cost
- Facilitate technical collaboration across teams, increasing productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Be a hands-on engineer who delivers solutions that set the example for engineering excellence, from designs to algorithms to implementations
- Mentor and develop engineers, help define and grow the technical culture, and assist in attracting and retaining engineering talent
- Rotating responsibilities for on-call when required
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, a related technical field or relevant industry experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Passionate about data, cloud infrastructure and challenges at scale
- Experience with architecture, design and development of large-scale platforms
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality cloud-based systems
- Strong technical credentials and deep hands-on technical expertise in infrastructure (compute, storage and networking technologies), infrastructure as code (IaC), GitOps framework and cloud native computing
- Proficiency in common programming languages, for example Python and Golang
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, Spark, Airflow and other data platform technologies
- Knowledge of data science tooling and techniques
- Experience with various offerings of public cloud service providers like Azure and Google
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to drive cross-team collaboration
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment, at enterprise scale
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.