We're looking for a motivated and driven Engineering People Manager (m/f/d) who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Your tasks – Paint the world green
You are a servant leader in an agile environment with distributed power and leadership. You take accountability for a team by enabling and empowering other roles like Product Owners or Agile Coaches. You can connect lateral and disciplinary leadership in your role of being a coach and servant leader at the same time.
You are responsible for the individual mastery and enable your people to grow and foster their mastery skills and career. You identify improvement areas in their functional, non-functional or soft skills by supporting them in their professional development.
You are accountable for setting-up teams for success. You shape the structure around teams and individuals. You hire the right people to make teams and the organization more successful. You manage the budget, controlling and strategic planning of hiring. You care about tools or even the office environment, when necessary. You are hands-on removing all impediments in the organization to make our teams successful.
You align with peers and leads in order to move the company as a whole to the next level. You ensure fairness and career development across teams, locations and organizational setups.
You live a transparent feedback culture and are eager to lead by example. You reflect and continuously improve yourself and everything around you.
- Labor Law:
You own the disciplinary power for your people and serve as an escalation point, e.g. for the Product Owner, Agile Coaches and anyone else who needs support.
Your profile – Ready to hop on board
- 2+ years of experience in managing technical teams and individuals.
- You enjoy supporting people and find satisfaction in facilitating the success of teams and individuals.
- You understand people as the highest value in the company.
- You have a growth mindset towards concepts like agile, scrum, and related concepts.
- You are a team player, full of empathy and intuition.
- You have worked several years in a digital product development organization before, with any of the common agile practices and understand the complexity of this endeavor.
- You have a background in a tech role (engineering, data science, product ownership, system architecture, DevOps work, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of German labor law aspects of disciplinary leadership is useful.
- Excellent English is mandatory, German welcomed.