Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer. You will be responsible for developing and supporting core software solutions and infrastructure that will be utilized in the process of semiconductor technology development and manufacturing. This role requires a close working relationship with the engineers that use these tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver state-of-the-art chip manufacturing technologies.
• Work through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements, development, test and release using Agile methodologies
• Modify software components that are part of the Tapeout team infrastructure with some guidance
• Perform unit testing of the software
• Support debugging and correction of issues (both development and production)
• Participate in discussions of functional requirements and analysis of new features
• Maintain detailed application documentation and revision control
• Contribute to multiple projects
• Work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong team skills with programmers, engineers, managers, and production employees.
• Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are preferred.
• Must have the ability to develop assigned functionalities consistently and in a timely manner.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Experience in Software Engineering with one or more of the following languages: Scripting Languages (Perl, Python, Korn Shell, Tcl/Tk), C/C++, Java
• Excellent technical problem solving skills
• Familiar with Object design and architecture is a plus
• Familiar with Agile methodologies is a plus
• Good attitude and interpersonal skills, tactful and works well in a team environment
• Willingness and ability to work with global team