This is your chance to join and lead a talented, thoughtful and caring full-stack product team. We hire for talent, not location, and that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our team mission is quite simple; be the welcoming and caring companion for all our drivers, empowering them to build a sustainable business from day one!
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the DAB team is huge and will help facilitate the companies continued growth in 2021 and beyond. We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a solid technical background as well as being people orientated to help lead the team to success. The DAB team is responsible for the entire Driver profile, vehicles, products and business suite of products, which means we touch upon all aspects of a Drivers experience at Heetch. Driver manage their business using the products we build.
What will be your role?
As Engineering Manager you will manage and lead a team of 7 fully remote engineers building product on a highly scalable tech stack (Golang micro-services utilising Kafka running on top of Docker) and tackling big refactoring engineering solutions as we extract the core concept of Driver from our legacy systems built on Ruby.
- Work with product to define and align on the quarterly roadmap.
- Own the delivery of the team by identifying all risks, managing cross team dependencies and ensuring the projects are delivered on time
- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
- Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
- Lead a fully remote and distributed team across Europe of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
- Encourage continuous learning and development to team members to support them in their career goals
- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
- Maximise team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
- Have one eye on the future spotting when we need to add to the team
- Hire and grow the Engineering team by attracting the best diverse talent
Does it sound like you?
- 2-3 years of Engineering leadership experience managing people in different locations
- Strong delivery focus
- Experience developing customer facing applications, preferably with a Backend focus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company
- Strong communication skills: being able to interact with a variety of profiles, from technical to non-technical
- Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform
- Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Able to develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements