This customer facing, non-exempt HP Printer repair field position provides a wide range of hardware support, primarily focused on LaserJet printers, but also may include DesignJet, Officejet, and Wide format units. This position will also require supporting business and consumer class desktops, notebooks, RPOS, and workstations from our PC division. Individuals applying for this role ***MUST*** come with a strong background in printer hardware repair. This candidate will be required to travel from customer to customer throughout the day, completing a variety of service requests. Please note that this position requires a potential new hire to have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please note that this position requires candidates to live within the Salt Lake City area.
Must have good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are routine to moderately complex in nature and require basic problem resolution and independent judgment. Allocates own time efficiently. Receives general instructions on all work. Possesses strong interpersonal verbal/written skills; especially in person, on a customer site. This is critical to relationship building and expectations.
Demonstrated core competencies of success in this position are:
• Strong mechanical aptitude, working with tools and various alignment apparatus.
• Alignment with customer’s business needs while maintaining HP’s contractual commitments.
• Ability to troubleshoot various hardware problems logically and systemically on Printers and PC’s. May also involve third party software, networks and switches.
• Able to balance and prioritize multiple activities and issues.
• Successful cause and effect understanding of financial perspectives on the business.
• Attention to detail and commitment to administrative responsibilities.
• Exercise solid business based decision making skills, taking appropriate risk to insure that both HP’s and the customer’s business need are met.
• Independent thinking while adhering to standard technological/mechanical and business procedures.
• Industry / company knowledge that provides solid technology solutions and options to the customer.
• Ability to quickly and accurately evaluate a technical situation while managing the operational challenges.
• Working independently and able to re-prioritization of tasks/events/commitments quickly based on contract, customer and business situations. Highly skills at prioritization, planning, working independently all within standard policies and business standards.
Maintain high level Customer satisfaction by clarifying Customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
Handle Customer-relation problems promptly and appropriately, escalate issues according to established procedures.
Provide hardware and software service, post- sales or service delivery support for local accounts on standard systems.
Maintain, track, and optimize large part inventory in vehicle
Respond to service, product, technical, and Customer- relations questions.
Safely operate a company vehicle and adhere to regular maintenance requirements.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum Vocational/Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field) equivalent with 1-2 years of working experience in related fields, or Degree holder with no or less than 1 year relevant working experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Thorough knowledge of organization and policies.
Comprehensive business, technical, or functional knowledge, as well as basic project management skills and communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
Ability to build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers, peers and support partners.
Ability to perform while under high-pressure situation
Ability to independently lift up to 50 pounds without assistance