( Please note that we also have vacancy for mid senior level position in the same department with 7+ years required work experience )
Vista Equity Partners is the world's leading private equity firm for Enterprise Software and recently invested $1.5B in the Reliance Jio Digital Platform. As part of the Vista portfolio, Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a NYC-headquartered global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. We are looking for a Manager-System Reliability Engineer, Data to join our new and fast-growing R&D team in Pune. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Manager, Manager-System Reliability Engineer, Data you lead the team that improves the stability of IAS’s data platform through conducting root cause analysis, design reviews, proposing and implementing fixes to stability issues, and improving development standards. That function will consume about 50% of the team’s time. The DPRE team will also be responsible for a 24/7 oncall rotation as well as managing some shared tools.
IAS is in the business of collecting data and generating actionable insights through machine learning. The DPRE team ensures that our data is provided in a timely and accurate fashion, meeting and beating customer’s expectations. On the DPRE team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale which few companies have, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis and large-scale system design.
What you’ll get to do:
- Developing and driving of team processes, with SLOs and MTTRs top of mind at all times
- Execute on the team’s roadmap in terms of technologies, process improvements, and team enablement
- Collaborate with various IAS teams in order to improve the stability of the IAS Data Platform
- Work with the team to invest in automation or tooling that increases efficiencies and improves reliability
- Managing team member’s individualized professional development plans and quarterly goal setting
- Managing team’s schedule supporting 24/7 oncall support
- Develop and manage a team of about 10 Data Platform Reliability Engineers (DPREs)
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience building and leading technical teams
- Hands-on experience debugging one of the following languages: Python, Java or Scala
- Understanding of distributed systems design and networking concepts
- Experienced with Big Data technologies on AWS or Google Cloud
- Good knowledge of unix command line and Unix internals
- Amazing troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with common DevOps/SRE tools such as Configuration, Alerting, Observability.
What puts you over the top:
- Experienced with some of the following data technologies Hadoop, Nifi, Kafka, Hive, Apache Spark, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, Airflow etc
- Experience leading a SRE team, DevOps team or SystemAdmin team
- Good knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- ITIL Intermediate certification
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.