(Please note that we have multiple vacancies in Data Science department with required experience ranging from 03 years to 11 years)
Vista Equity Partners is the world's leading private equity firm for Enterprise Software and recently invested $1.5B in the Reliance Jio Digital Platform. As part of the Vista portfolio, Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a NYC-headquartered global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. We are looking for a Senior Manager/Director, Data Science to join our new and fast-growing Data Science team in Pune. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Senior Manager/Director, Data Science at IAS, you will be a foundational member of the DS team in India and serve as the local DS leader. You will also serve as a key point of contact between the DS teams in US + Europe and India. The types of challenges we solve have attracted people from industry and academia with diverse backgrounds, including machine learning, physics, biology, neuroscience, computer science, finance, and economics. We're passionate about maintaining an open and collaborative environment, where team members bring their own unique style of thinking and tools to the table. You will be the manager of the Pune-based data science team, responsible for applications (such as machine translation) and analytics (sales and marketing support).
What you’ll get to do:
- Plan and deliver projects in text, image, and video classification. Examples of applications you will work on include machine translation, speech-to-text technology, OCR, and more.
- Coordinate reporting and analytics at the market, product and customer level
- Work with a variety of data sources to build production-ready ML models
- Collaborate with data and software engineers to integrate solutions within larger engineering workflows
- Collaborate with various IAS teams throughout the full software development lifecycle including CI/CD, Product, Architecture
- Manage performance of the team including recurring 1:1s, performance reviews, goal setting and professional development
- Identify roadblocks and remove them proactively
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Stay informed about new technologies and trends in data science and machine learning
- Effectively communicate results from ML models and statistical learnings to a variety of stakeholders within R&D and product organizations
You should apply if you have most of this experience:
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical field (machine learning, computer science, statistics, physics, mathematics, or related field)
- 8+ years industry experience in applying machine learning techniques to real-world problems
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience working with a U.S. based company
- Experience in ad-tech
- You have led and owned a few large projects end-to-end, from business problem framing to execution and delivery.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Demonstrable behaviors closely aligned with IAS core values (https://integralads.com/about/)
- Experience with source control workflows and deploying ML models in production
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with cloud environments: AWS, GCP, etc
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with at least some of the following machine learning libraries: scikit-learn, H2O, SparkML, etc
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital ad verification, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. IAS’s mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies. For more information, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com.