Vista Equity Partners is the world's leading private equity firm for Enterprise Software and recently invested $1.5B in the Reliance Jio Digital Platform. As part of the Vista portfolio, Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a NYC-headquartered global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry. We are looking for a Staff Data Engineer to join our new and fast-growing Engineering team in Pune. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Staff Data Engineer you will design, build and expand upon the IAS’s Brand Safety solution. You will work on solutions that fetch and score millions of pieces of content - including text, images and video - every day. The ideal candidate is naturally curious, dedicated, detail-oriented with a strong desire to work with awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. You should be able to not take yourself too seriously as well.
What you’ll do:
- Planning delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Architect and build data pipelines and data stores specialized for data science needs
- Design architecture to streamline data science processes
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis and machine learning
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with data science teams on deployments of data science driven solutions
- Participate in training and mentoring of data engineers
Who you are and what you have:
- 5+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- 5+ years of recent hands-on in object oriented language (Java, Scala, Python)
- 2+ years of recent experience developing data pipelines in AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, multi-threading, JVM memory model, etc.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
What puts you over the top:
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Expertise in using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Experience of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability
- Digital advertising or web technology experience
- Experience working with Apache Airflow
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology company that offers data and solutions to establish a safer, more effective advertising ecosystem. We partner with advertisers and publishers to protect their investments, capture consumer attention, and drive business impact. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 13 countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in the Inc. 5000, Crain’s Fast 50, Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies, and I-COM’s Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. Learn more at www.integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.