Data Engineering at Ocrolus:
Ocrolus is a fast-growing company with many emerging data needs. We are establishing new platforms and capabilities for users both inside and outside of the company. We are building to support a wide variety of use cases with a high degree of engineering rigor as well as product agility. We value engineering excellence, automation, and testing and believe doing these things well will create more long-term value than simply shipping new features fast.
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- As a Staff level engineer, you will be expected to: align with multiple engineering teams and help them be successful in their work and to drive collaboration across the Data and Engineering organizations.
- Build, ship, and maintain production code
- Partner with our Data Platform team to improve the capabilities and technical rigor of our Streaming Data Platform
- Establish new patterns and architecture for building Data Pipelines, API’s, and other Analytical Products
- Partner with Product Engineering and Machine Learning teams to create new features, models, and products
- Partner with Compliance Officers and Security Engineers to ensure the data platform is secure and compliant with a range of security standards
- Mentor Data and Product Engineers in learning how to write high-quality computer code
- At least 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer (Platform or Product)
- At least 2 years working in a Senior Engineer role with a demonstrated record of leadership and solving hard problems
- Technical degree, ideally a graduate level. (Or comparable experience)
- Fluent in a range of languages, databases, and platforms. (Notably, we use Python, Java, Kafka, Postgres, Snowflake, Spark, Kube, Terraform, Helm, and Garden to build our stacks)
- We are looking for candidates that have demonstrated aptitude with technical strategy, continuous delivery, testing, and any other tradecraft that can ensure high-quality software and positive results for our engineering teams.