Ocrolus is a business that is built around data. Understanding our data and unlocking its value is central to our continued growth and success. Our Data Science team is focused on adding value to Ocrolus’ product line using predictive modeling and other forms of domain-specific analysis. (Our customers include lenders and other financial entities.) This is a huge opportunity to support our company mission, and we are excited to talk to candidates with a range of interesting backgrounds! We value technical and scientific rigor, as well as strategic engagement, and cultivating a bias toward action. Every member of our Data Science Team has interesting problems they are working on.
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists working on problems that impact the company’s bottom line.
- Recruit, enable, and mentor talented DS professionals.
- Level up our Data Science practice: Influence the company to handle data strategically, and ensure members of the Data Science team set and achieve a high standard for their work.
- Build and analyze predictive models: Set up a productive feedback loop with the product, data, and tech that allows for the discovery, production, and delivery of predictive models and other data assets.
- Be an expert in domain-specific practices such as; credit risk modeling, transaction classification, benchmarking & analysis of ML models, and optimizing our data annotation operation.
- Blend R&D work with product development; Translate open-ended problems into new features and products that add value to the company
- Foster a culture of data-driven decision-making across engineering, operations, and sales teams.
- Influence executives and other stakeholders to value and make use of data.
- 5+ years working in Data Science: We are interested in talking to candidates with varied domain specific experiences within Data Science.
- Experience managing a team, or other demonstrated “on the job” leadership
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Sciences, or similar.
- Demonstrated skills in predictive modeling and machine learning. Preferably in a domain relevant to Ocrolus core business line.
- Technical competencies; R, Python, SQL, Cloud Technologies. Able to steward end to end data science projects.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills. We expect all our data analysts to engage with their business domain strategically. Every member of the team does work that is visible to a wide audience.