We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Backend Engineer with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications.
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining Microservices using Java
- Designing and developing cloud-based software products conforming to industry best practices
- Build systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions
- Build and scale our fast-growing online services and data pipelines
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability, and automation
- Supporting testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Expert in Java and experienced in building complex service applications in Java, and solid understanding of the JVM
- Solid database skills (Postgres, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with Spring Framework and related ecosystem
- Can contribute best practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks, and tools for our next-generation platform.
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and deployment