Ocrolus is a business that is built around data. Understanding our data and unlocking its value is central to our continued growth and success. We have Data Science, Engineering, and Analytics teams engaged across a broad problem space for both internal and external use cases and we approach our work with a high degree of Technical and Scientific rigor. This is a huge opportunity to support our company mission, and we are excited to talk to candidates with a range of interesting backgrounds! We value technical and scientific rigor, as well as strategic engagement, and cultivating a bias toward action. Every member of our Data Science Team has interesting problems they are working on.
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Align to our NYC-based Data Engineering and Data Science teams, and provide them with both product vision and delivery support
- Serve as Product Owner for well-defined use cases: Understand market and stakeholder needs, translate these needs into actionable requirements for product teams
- Provide user stories, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, and functional testing of data engineering and science work, including querying data in relational databases
- Translate successful Data Science R&D work into new products: New modeling techniques and other analytical products need to be translated to a valid UX to be successful. This requires a fair amount of creativity, domain knowledge, and user orientation.
- 5+ years working in a Product Management function: We are interested in talking to candidates with varied domain-specific experiences within Data Science
- Experience working with Data Teams or on data-oriented problems
- Excellent communication skills: Written, oral, presentations. We are looking for someone who can dynamically relate complex issues to a range of different audiences
- Strong focus on the principles of user-centered design and can apply them to data assets and products
- Strong SQL querying skills, experience with data-intensive products