Pixar Systems is looking for a manager to lead our Network & Servers Team. In this role, you will lead a team of systems engineers and collaborate with Systems and Production partners to deliver stable and performant infrastructure. We build, maintain and secure the high-performance systems and applications that enable the creation of award-winning movies. Some of the services we provide are access control, authentication, hardware, networking, virtualization/containerization and monitoring.
Are you a people-focused leader who can empower and support a hardworking and diverse team in a highly collaborative environment? If so, we want to get to know you! You have excellent technical instincts and experience, and you are adept at demystifying technology for non-technical audiences. You encourage your team to take risks, to fail, and to grow. Most of all, you are passionate about technology's role in facilitating creativity and productivity.
Our ideal leader has a knack for getting things done and an instinct for finding elegant solutions to complex business problems. They provide clear direction and priorities so that the team can focus on delivering outstanding support experiences. With a clear understanding of where Studio needs intersect with the team's charter, they carefully evaluate contending priorities and apply resources for maximum effect.
What You'll Do
- Champion a culture of trust, responsibility, and excellence within the Network & Servers Team.
- Craft a team roadmap and financial plan that outlines long-term goals. Execute against milestones on the way towards fulfilling these commitments.
- Nurture the evolution of on-premise hardware and software systems from evaluation to implementation, documentation, and support including:
- VMware and bare-metal servers, Kubernetes ( Rancher )
- LDAP, DNS, DHCP
- GitLab, Consul, Zabbix, Vault
- Network Switches and Routers (Arista, Juniper, Aruba)
- Firewalls (Palo Alto), VPN (Cisco AnyConnect, Aruba RAPs), AAA / Radius (ClearPass), Load Balancers (BigIP)
- Oracle, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Splunk
- Run a diverse portfolio of strategic technical projects and ongoing break/fix.
- Remain focused and calm during unplanned outages and incident response.
- Exhibit professional decorum when communicating with executives and company leaders.
- Possess excellent teamwork skills and a positive, can-do demeanor.
- Go to Infinity and Beyond ensuring the success of the team and Studio.
- BA/BS degree in Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in related field
- 5+ years in IT Operations, Technical Operations or Engineering
- 3+ years management experience
- Advanced proficiency and/or experience managing a IT Operations team.