Join SADA as a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer!
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively to provide high quality infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform for our cloud and hybrid-cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to engage with meaningful problems facing our customers. Engagements vary from being consultative to requiring hands-on work, and include a variety of areas from workload migrations to experimental infrastructures, hybrid-cloud solutions, and automated CI/CD pipelines. You will have the opportunity to be a thought leader both in and outside of SADA by developing best-practice recommendations.
You are a problem solver and possess a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. You are able to navigate ambiguity, have experience working with cloud technologies, and enjoy working with customers.
You will be recognized as an established contributor by your team. You will contribute design and implementation components for multiple projects. You will work mostly independently with limited oversight. You will also participate in client-facing discussions in areas of expertise.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of all our engineering. Our motivation is to provide customers with an exceptional experience in migrating, developing, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success comes from your enthusiasm, insight, and positive impact. You will be given direct feedback quarterly with respect to the scope and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, your collaboration with your peers, and the consultative skill you demonstrate in
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a personalized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
Required Travel - 30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
Customer Facing - You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touchpoints occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Training - ongoing with a first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared.
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- Experience with networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Experience migrating multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
- Experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
- Experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, and Spinnaker.
- Knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and the ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience being an administrator on a variety of Linux distributions.
- Experience with information security practices and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for GCP since 2016 and has been named the 2019 and 2018 Google Cloud Global Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work by Inc. as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, RRSP, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 12 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 3000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 25M+ users migrated to the cloud.