Society for American Archaeology
1990 K Street NW
Washington DC 20006
Please apply to: email@example.com
Email resume, cover letter, and salary history
The Society for American Archaeology (SAA), an organization headquartered in Washington, DC and representing approximately 7,000 members worldwide, seeks a Information Services manager who can oversee our vendor in maintaining our Association Management Software, ensure our website continues to serve members as a primary place of business, make sure our meeting submission software supports our meeting, works our registration desk at our annual conference, and supports members and staff with superb customer service.
Join our small collegial and effective team!
We offer health and dental benefits (with no premiums for the employee), the Society provides 3% of your base salary to a TIAA retirement account (no cost to employee), and flexible spending accounts to minimize your taxes. While some work needs to be done in the office, much of the job is remote, so there are minimal commuting expenses. The office is four blocks from Foggy Bottom metro.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge regarding the structure of the society's data and data storage, manipulation, and retrieval systems. Facilitates a full integrated use of the data in the delivery of information, programs and services. Society currently uses Intermedia to host email, Azure to host website, iMIS/IBC for its AMS, and Egnyte for cloud server.
- Serves as webmaster for the Society, maintaining applications via the web and ensuring these work seamlessly for members and customers. Site is currently hosted by Azure, using Sitefinity as CMS, and iMIS functionality (for commercial transactions, members only access, etc.)
- Develops and implements plans and procedures required to support day-to-day systems operations; oversees vendors; ensures system maintenance; and user training and support
- Coordinates with vendors for any relevant system expansions and upgrade plans required to meet the emerging information management needs of the society. Society currently uses iMIS and IBC.
- Oversees and manages software and hardware ensuring smooth, day-to-day operations, including ensuring data security
- Supports end-users by providing training, technical support and trouble shooting as needed
- Provides outputs as required