We’re looking for an experienced QA Engineer to join our recently formed Payouts Squad. The team is looking after the payouts component of our proprietary payments processing platform. It is responsible for processing global SumUp payouts for millions of customers to achieve fast, cost efficient, accurate and consistent incoming and outgoing payouts to various, both in-house developed and external settlement instruments.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will join the team just in time to help us create a brand-new, scalable and accurate payouts platform. This would be a combined manual and automation testing effort and will include the creation of test strategy and framework, including automation.
You will be a part of a local, autonomous, cross-functional team with an end-to-end responsibility for a business critical domain, and therefore - high impact.
What you’ll do
- You will have an active role in laying the foundations of the test automation strategy & framework in the squad
- You will take part in feature discussions and have the opportunity to improve our customers' experience
- You will participate in handling issues, including investigation, communication and delivery of fixes
- You will promote the quality guidelines set by the QA chapter within your squad and ensure these guidelines are adequate for your squad’s specific needs
- Work in an agile cross-functional squad
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have good command of any high-level language such as Java/C#/JS/PHP/Python
- You have fundamental understanding about web applications & REST/microservices
- You are eager to learn and develop new skills
- You have experience in test automation
- You are a self-driven, focussed and like to share knowledge
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company
Any of the following would be considered a plus
- CI and/or DevOps skills will be considered a great advantage
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Kafka or another message broker
- Experience in a similar business domain
- If you don’t meet the requirements 100%, we’d still love to hear from you.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the opportunity to put the foundations of next generation payment platform
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies
- You'll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects
- 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- 10 days educational vacation
- Additional health insurance
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.