Syniverse is the world’s most connected company—we pioneer innovations that take businesses further. Our secure, global network reaches billions of people and devices. Our engagement platform powers the customized experiences of the future. And the millions of secure transactions we drive every minute are revolutionizing how goods and services are exchanged. We have always led companies to reimagine the boundaries of possibility. Today we’re delivering on opportunities with the power to change the world.
This role has responsibility to assist in the creation of new applications and lifecycle support for existing products. In this role you will learn assigned components of applications and associated environments as well as the tools that support the ongoing maintenance of the applications.
- Provide research and analysis to support the troubleshooting / problem reporting as defined by level three support.
- Assist in the requirements phase for projects: Apply current telecommunications knowledge and research current standards documents to keep up with the continuing changes in the industry.
- Assist in the creation/review of high-level design documents from requirements utilizing Object-Oriented or Structured Methods that contain such items as use cases, flow diagrams, structure definitions and architecture diagrams.
- Create detailed design documents from high-level design documents utilizing Object-Oriented or Structured Methods that contain items such as low-leveling state machine diagrams, common procedural definitions, database design elements.
- Code an application/module from specifications as directed
- Unit test applications/modules using applications tools such as a symbolic debugger, message emulators and internally developed application test tools using company’s suite of development/test environments.
- Assist in integration test activities with interfacing systems that may be involved, such as Crossroads, billing and reporting.
- Document thorough release notes detailing the implementation process according to company procedures. Present the documents in formal release planning walk-thrus.
- Assist Central Test group with system test questions, issues and implementation/setup of an application.
- Assist operations with the actual implementation of an application.
- Perform post-implementation monitoring and testing to insure the release is functioning as expected.
- Work with Product Support to research customer reported problems. Analyze application logs, network traces and program traces to determine the root cause of reported problems. Using company’s test environment and emulation tools, duplicate problematic scenarios reported by the customer.
- Support internal company procedures used to support existing/new applications:
- Assist in the Estimation of hours for development projects.
- Use the test tool to emulate transaction entities.
- Use our configuration management tool.
- Use our Solution Gateway tool for recording, tracking, analyzing and resolving software defects.
- 3+ Years of UNIX or Tandem Application Development using Java, C, C++ Languages
Working knowledge of:
- Development environment – OS, editor, utilities, database
- Compiler, Debugger
- Production runtime environment
- Object-Oriented or Structured development methodologies
- Supporting a Project Management Process:
Project time reporting
Assist in estimating task level of effort
Required Interpersonal Skills:
- Ownership/Accountability for tasks/projects.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Independent work habits.
- Proven ability to deliver quality software on time
- Act with a sense of urgency